Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crock Pot Freezer Meals

Today when I woke up, I spent my normal 20 minutes checking Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. Nearly every time I log into Pinterest I see posts about "freezer meals for a month for $100" or other things along those lines. I was never too inspired by them until today. As I'm laying in bed with no plans prior to work, I thought to myself, I could do that. Sure enough I work up and started planning. The pin that I went off of had shopping lists, recipes, and a ton of other resources for first timers. I printed off everything she said to print off and went to the grocery store. I spent an hour gathering the copious amount of supplies that the list had, and let me tell you, I felt awesome going through the checkout line with 11 onions and 8 zucchinis. My grocery bill was exactly $97.97. I did grab a few other things we needed from around the house but not many. To begin with, this is already about $20-50 less than our trips to the grocery store.




Anyways, once I got home I organized everything on my counter and went to work.





I started with labeling my gallon ziploc baggies for what the meal was inside and the date. The recipes on the website all yielded services of 5-8 and because it's just my husband and I, I decided to split everything in half. Hopefully this works okay, I guess I'll find out as I make them all. In the end I spent about two hours cutting everything up. My hands hurt and won't stop shaking. It's definitely an uncomfortable feeling, however, it excites me to know that I have twenty meals in my freezer right now that require zero preparation other than putting them in a crockpot when I want to eat them.




 I am pretty darn excited and proud of myself. I hope this post inspires some of you to try this out! I'll report back more information once I've had an opportunity to try out some of the meals. My plan is, if it all works out well, to use my own crockpot cookbook and create my own lists and recipes (not all of them on the initial website are ones I'd like to eat over and over again).

No comments:

Post a Comment